So we all have bad days. We all have to endure the petty offences, the silly slips, the oblivious rudeness of others. I tend to look at people doing things that annoy me as a way to practice both humility & patience. It's often that I've done stupid things that mis-communicate my intentions, or cause a micro-second delay in the person who's sitting on their horn behind me, but I've found that as I get older, contrasted with my peers at least, I don't seem to be as burdened as everyone else.
Maybe it's because I view the entire drama of life as a joke whose punch-line has yet to be revealed. Maybe it's because, in principal, I don't care as much about the Principals of the Doctrine of Common Sense as some seem to. We're all stumbling through life here. Some do it with a kind of grace that captivates an audience of gaping on-lookers. Some with a quiet passion for breathtaking blunder.
If we'd all just laugh at ourselves as much as we get angry with others. There'd be a lot more laughter, and a lot less anger. And fewer hearts would be hardened in the process by the ever encroaching callousless that builds like tartar on the soul.
Story Time
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment