I found this off Andrew Sullivan. Everyone should read this.
I never bought a Playstation, but I do have a excess of personal electronics. I'm now wondering what my part in all this is, and if there are differences I can make in my life - and encourage others to do so as well - that will maybe have an effect on this.
If the mainstream media, its investors and stockholders, and the governments that big money companies keeps in power wont comment on this, perhaps this is something the mainstream, bloging individuals can spread on their own. So, pass it on.
Story Time
6 years ago
2 comments:
Tony,
I found this: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=coltan&gwp=16
Sometimes, I guess, in spite of all the horrors in the world, it serves us best to just let them die. I don't have room in my heart for more sorrow. Life does have a price, though it varies daily on the open market. The cost of death is still much lower. There are too many of us, anyhow, and all-in-all, I'm afraid it is in the nature of the beast. Social systems be damned, power, as the man wrote, comes from the muzzle of a gun. May we correctly condem a scorpion for its sting? May we rightly blame a virus for its soulless abandon in the pursuit of its biological imperatives? Corruption and brutality and all the rest are a part of every human ever made, and, given the right conditions, will almost always rise to the top.
Always your cynical friend...
Maybe there should be a stock exchange listing for the "value of a persons life" for all the countries of the world. Just so that everyone knows what they are really worth relative to their neighbors.
Post a Comment