Seriously, they cost money, time, credit(worthiness). No matter how many times I move, change jobs, lifestyle or friends, they always seems to be there looking for a handout.
tongue & Cheekiness aside, I'm over the Best Buy Automated Job Rejection system. I didn't want to work in retail ANYWAY. Bleah.
Another job inquired came through for a QA test engineer. I have the skills, and I just received a more detailed posting, but without the client name. The irony is that from the description, I know who the client is. I worked there a couple of years ago, in the QA department, as an admin temp. I was able to do the job of the previous admin in half the time, so I asked if I could help out with the QA stuff. I got to set up test cases in Mercury Test Director and summarize the results, which I deftly created an automated Excel spreadsheet to do, complete with pretty management charts - saving one of the supervisors 10-20 hours a week from his job.
So I made $8/hr, which after you take off the dry cleaning - yes, suit & tie everyday - costs was even more insulting to know that the people I was doing work for were making, honestly, $160/hr as contractors. And the manger types, easily $80k/year plus.
I was let go because, well, damm personal demons, and bad timing on my part. I'd asked for a day off following the Pride 2003 weekend at the end of July, but ended up missing a second day due to automotive problems. As in, a friend borrowed it without telling me. I lost the job because I'd failed to report these missed days to the temp agency and apparently my communicate to my peers/managers never made it up to the director of the department, who thought I skipped out.
So. Now, there's a job opportunity there. I'm not sure if they'll remember me. I'm not sure if I should tell the recruiter, and maybe just play it out.
Any body got a thought or suggestion?
Story Time
6 years ago
2 comments:
I hav enot read ll your blog entries.. I just want to ask, whatit takes to learn QA testing. I would like to study that.
maybe learn how to type or get a spell checker? (snort) Sorry, it was just too easy a mark....
Post a Comment