Thursday, July 28, 2005

Faith In Advertising

So I have exciting news. Mostly of the highly ironic, and definitely topak, variety: I've accepted a job at Best Buy. I'm going to be a Business Product Specialist II, or something like that, and fast tracked to be a Business Consultant. I figure I can finish off my MCSE exams, which Best Buy will pay for (Fools! Mu-hahahaha), in about 3 months (should take less time, but certain life challenges, like finding a place to live, are the next priorities). At that point, they'll advance me, and it should be a very nice increase in wage too.

So, happy days are at least now visible on the horizon.

A few moments ago, when I was standing in line to get a water here at Twiggs (love free wireless! Well, you still "technically" have to buy something, but why pay $10/day at Starbucks, when for a $1 arrowhead water I can hang out for HOURS!) the guy in line in front of me, who works here but is apparently off, was buying some cranberry tea "Real Genius" or something. He claimed it made him smarter. I piped in with "How very American of you. With Faith in Advertising". He laughed for a long while about that.

I leave my humorous little mark™ on a bunch of people I pass by. Maybe it lightens their load for the moment, or maybe a day. I remember that people used to come up to me months or years later and say that still laugh at something I did, said, or otherwise was forced to endure by the evil karmic overlords of the universe in their continued attempts to subvert me.

Paranoid delusions aside. It's nice to be remembered. Especially for being friendly.

No comments: