Saturday, March 11, 2006

From an email I sent

I sold the truck the day after I posted it on craigslist. I was certainly glad at the turn around time.

Here's an email I sent to friends soliciting feedback on the site & ad. I got 3 responses. Only one was about the ad. The others liked the email and my use of footnoting. So, posting it here for others to enjoy the legacy.

----------
Hey There,

I'm moving to Houston, Texas* next week and I need to sell my pickup truck. I've put up a quick web page with some photos, and I'm wondering if I could get feedback from you as to whether the page is good, too much, too little, etc. I mean, does it sell? Does the slideshow work on your OS/Platform? Pictures clear? Content/Quality/Concept. That sort of stuff. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Also, If you know anyone that may be interested in buying a truck like this, if you could pass this info along I would appreciate it. Might even be worth a Best Buy Gift Card or something (leverage that employee discount for ya) to the person who gets me a good referral**.

: )

I'm going to put this up on Craigslist & others for sale sites later this evening/tomorrow. After I get the bill from my Garage and may have to adjust the sell price. So in the meantime, you could consider yourself privileged to exclusive information...


Here's the link to the page: Truck Advertisement - 07 March 2006

Basic Details:

1997 Nissan Pickup 4x4 XE Extended Cab
- 4-Cyl. 2.4 L / 5 Speed Manual / 4WD
- Power Steering / Air Conditioning
- Kenwood CD Player with Security Face Plate / Premium Sound 6 Speaker System
- Off-Road tires 31”x 12” / Camper Shell / Bed Liner
- Original Owner
- $4,300 or best offer (Kelly Blue Book Private Party Value = Good/$4,980; Fair/$4,315)




Thanks a bunch. Hope y'all are doing good. (See? I'm already talkin' Texan).


Tony



* Yeah, a red state. I know. What am I thinking? You should know better than to ask that. Really. That's a dangerous question. Asking me what I'm thinking, I mean. I might tell you if you ask. It could end up as some kind of story. A long story. The kind of story you'd wished 5 seconds into that you hadn't opened your big trap because you're going to have to sit there. I will take you there. And you won't, politely, be able to excuse yourself without losing face or coming up with a obviously lame excuse.

However, if you wanna know, or you're just gunning for living dangerously and like living life on the edges of (relative)sanity, http://topak.blogspot.com, is a good place to start finding answers, without, you know, the apparent near-unending stickiness of conversation with me.

If you're not likely to follow the link***, the short answer version is: Subversion begins at home, and, really, I can't do much more here to California.

** Limit: one per person. Your referral must buy for you to get the gift card, or leverage my discount towards some high priced electronics/appliance/home theater element that I don't already own, as I can't, rightfully, without the possibility of getting fired from Best Buy, use my employee discounts for non-family members. So, I better like you a lot already too.

*** Coward. Why don't you just stay at home at watch cartoons or something. It's a frickin' weblog! I'm not going to take over your mind by you reading the words that came out of mine! (But I will get cozy in there)


Ooo - While I'm at it. Change o' Address info:

xxxx Dumfries**** Drive
Houston, TX 77096

google earth placemark*****:

**** the address doesn't really include a footnote.

Curiously, back in "the old country" my people (them "patricks" as we call them - or "kilpatricks" as the familial name used to be before people started taking it literally) lived in Dufries and Galloway County Scotland. Which, if you're curious about (and dangerously weird), I've ALSO included as a placemark file:

So, living on a street named for my immigrant ancestors' homeland. Weirdness is already a-foot, and I'm not even there yet. It's Texas. With Topak... I'm not sure what that means. But it's probably orthogonal.

Houston, we have a topak......


***** Why do you keep looking at these footnotes? I didn't really think they'd apply to YOU, 'cept maybe to one or two of the bcc list.
Get google earth at (bet you can't guess this):

http://earth.google.com

It's IS the next killer app. If you don't have it. You will. Resistance is sooo last century. It's the future already. We billed you for it last year.

: p


Note:
If you're having second thoughts about reading my blog based on my footnote-behavior on what was originally SUPPOSED to just be a short email, we'll, I don't blame you. I ask myself sometimes (recursively): "Where'd I go?"******










****** No. Really. That was the end. You just went past it. Go back or just abandon all hope. You're beyond EOF. You are now Null. Dereference yourself to get back. That's all I've got for ya. Help me sell my truck or I will send you more email!!!! (From random addresses, smarty-pants, that you can't block.)

No comments: