Sunday, March 05, 2006

When faith evaporates? Shouldn't it Sublime?

Was reading this on Sullivan.

Ultimately, there are only two things I believe in:

1) There is an ultimate source of creation; what name you give it is pretty much up to you. Any label limits, obstruficates the absolute and the infinite, and is bound to cause controversy. Can we agree that there's just something there?

2) Be nice to each other (when possible). But keep the ammo handy.


Having attended a private Southern Baptist High School in Hawaii (HBA) and growing up in a fairly religiously conservative household. I was fully indoctrinated into being a born again true believer. In my twenties, I got over the marketing & the hype. Saw organized religion for what it was (evil), and moved on.

I'm not saying that I don't acknowledge others have a right to worship. In fact, I think it's important to celebrate that right. I just think we should all have a little more humility with our convictions, and patience with those of dissimilar values.

It still helps to stock up on food and ammo too - for the coming apocalypse, don'tcha know.

Disclaimer: I don't own a gun. Yet. Moving to Texas. I think it's a requirement.

No comments: