Have you ever had one of those situations where you knew something was right or true, before you had all the information? "It just looks right", "It just feels right". That's sort of application of intuition, where our subconscious has made a value determination before our consciousness mind has even started collecting data?
Malcom Gladwell explores this idea in his book "Blink". Well worth the read. As was his previous "Tipping Point".
I think this, like any other cognitive skill, can be improved upon through mental exercises. In this case, keeping one's mind open, and honing the senses to pick up details that might otherwise get lost in the noise. But being that centered is always a challenge. Especially with so much new and potentially distracting information such centering gives you're conscious mind access too.
For me, things that I intuitively feel are correct often resonate within my mind very much like a bell vibrating. I almost feel the chime when it happens. The light goes on and I get smacked in the head, so to speak. The creepy thing is, sometimes, I get that sensation just looking at things, or hearing some piece of information. I have no reason to think something bad/good is going to happen. But I get the chime. And then I get to wonder about what to do with it.
Story Time
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment